The NASA MIRO Center for Space Exploration and Technology Research vision is to establish a minority university Center of Excellence in Aerospace research through strategic partnerships and to educate a diverse future aerospace workforce.
- Develop the next generation of engineers and scientists
- Inspire, excite, and engage undergraduate and K-12 students in the greater El Paso area to encourage them to enter engineering and related science fields.
- Enable and facilitate focused research and "hands on experience" for underrepresented groups to obtain and develop engineering skill sets to qualify for employment in technical fields of propulsion and energy.
- Create and strengthen industry support to our research and create internships to demonstrate student capabilities to increase hiring opportunity for our students.
- Enhance and expand our engineering research and test facilities to enable more graduates to experience effective training.
- Provide a national model for education of minority students in aerospace and energy engineering.